STM Album Review: Justin Bieber - My World 2.0


  TRACKLIST
1. Baby (Featuring Ludacris)
2. Somebody To Love
3. Stuck In The Moment
4. U Smile
5. Runaway Love
6. Never Let You Go
7. Overboard (Featuring Jessica Jarrell)
8. Eenie Meenie (Featuring Sean Kingston)
9. Up
10.That Should Be Me

It actually took a few listens before I started to like the songs on this album. I like it  as a whole but I'm not hooked, to be completely honest. Too bad coz I was too excited for this album. Comparing 'My World 2.0' to it's predecessor "My World - EP', I would say that the first one is a better listen. 'My World - EP' contains more radio-friendly songs than '2.0'. I guess Bieber's album production team tried too hard to make him sound "mature" enough on this effort so they decided to included less of the "poppy" songs, in the end the album didn't turn out to be as solid as Bieber's previous effort. How I wish Bieber just stuck to the Pop-RNB formula of 'One Time', 'One Less Lonely Girl' and 'Baby' coz a lot of his fans are still enjoying that kind of sound from him. Nonetheless, '2.0' contains a number of good songs including the first single 'Baby', 'Never Let You Go' and the Benny Blanco-produced 'Eenie Meenie' which features Sean Kingston. Plus the fact that Bieber's voice sounds fantastic on this one. Maybe that's where 'My World 2.0' is better compared 'My World - EP'.

REPEAT: Baby (featuring Ludacris), Never Let You Go, Eenie Meenie
SKIP: That Should Be Me, U Smile
STM Rating: 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails