Dear Ke$ha


I’ve been reading/hearing about this issue for weeks now but I refused to give my comments on this until now. Reason behind is, I’m waiting for Ke$ha to speak up and defend herself. See, I actually like her music, so the first time I’ve read about this, I refused to believe it. OK, so what am I actually talking about, you might say? Well early this month, pop starlet Ke$ha apparently, made some questionable comments about Britney Spears (yes, the grand dame of pop music) during an interview with Scotland’s Daily Record about Spears’ tendency to lip-sync at concerts: “I think that’s bulls***. I don’t think that’s fair at all for people who are going to see the show. I think if you are going to be a singer, you should sing. If you are going to be a dancer, you should dance. If you are going to do a combination of the two, you should make it very clear when you are singing and very clear when you are dancing. I would never do that to my fans. No offense to her specifically, but people have asked me before to mime. I have been up at three in the morning for a television show with jet lag but I refuse to mime. It’s treating people as if they are too stupid to realize you are not actually singing. Sometimes it is hard to sing and dance at the same time but I would rather be off and be real and genuine about it to my fans. I don’t want to treat my fans like they are stupid. That is my take on my fans and life in general. My whole record is super-honest. I am really honest. When I am singing I may sound s*** sometimes but at least you’ll know I’m singing,” she said.

And this wasn’t the only time Ke$ha came under fire for badmouthing Britney — just last week, a demo from Ke$ha entitled “Styrofoam” leaked online and Britney fans are none too pleased about its lyrics: “In ten years, Britney Spears…Britney who?” Apparently, Ke$ha recorded the song when was 15, before she became a pop star, she explained during a recent guest appearance on Australia’s version of So You Think You Can Dance (See the video embedded below).


So, to end this all up, I would just like to say that I was convinced with what I saw in that video. As a Britney fan, that‘s the only thing I was waiting for Ke$ha to do and I accept her explanation. Hopefully, this would be the last time Ke$ha would talk sh*t about Britney though. I love Ke$ha’s music and I do have high respect her. At the end of the day though, I’m still a Britney fan, first and foremost. Ke$ha, if you wanna be respected, then learn to respect other people as well. To quote lines from your song, “Zip your lips like a padlock” and “Don’t be a little b*tch with your chit chat.” Stop the “Blah Blah Blah” and just focus on your own career! Britney Spears isn’t just a nobody in the music industry. And I do believe, she deserves our respect for everything she’s achieved through the years as the only princess of pop music. To quote an Entertainment Weekly article: “…this lady wrote the book on pop stardom — how to make a hit, create a scandal, hit rock bottom, and orchestrate a successful comeback.”

1 comment:

Himmat Singh said...

I dont really know bout this cazse bu Kesha sings well :0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails