STM Album Review: Teenage Dream - Katy Perry



TRACK LIST:
Teenage Dream
Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
California Gurls
Firework
Peacock
Circle The Drain
The One That Got Away
E.T.
Who Am I Living For?
Pearl
Hummingbird Heartbeat
Not Like The Movies


Two years after the release of "One of the Boys," Katy Perry is back with a new album which is full of fun pop-dance-rock music. Released on August 24, 2010 in the US, Katy's new album is called "Teenage Dream" which is also the title of her current single off the album.

If you love the album's first single, "California Gurls," then I am sure you're going to love this album. Perry was able to pass the "second album drought" with this effort and managed to come up with one of the most enjoyable pop albums ever though I must admit this isn't the most cohesive album but who cares?

"This album rocks!" That was my reaction after listening to it for the first time. Katy definitely delivered with "Teenage Dream". Not too surprised though coz its Executive Producer is none other than ASCAP's Songwriter of the Year, the one and only Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, who also produced Ke$ha's number one album "Animal".

If you're curious about how "fun" this album sounds like, I'd say it's 12x the energy of "California Gurls". You're going to love almost every song in this album if you're a big fan of great pop music, that I guarantee.

REPEAT:
Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.), California Gurls, Firework, The One That Got Away, E.T., Pearl, Hummingbird Heartbeat

SKIP:
Circle The Drain

STM's FAVE TRACKS:
Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.), Fireworks

STM RATING:

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails